Discover Washington, Hamilton, the American Revolution, and the early United States in New York City
Hamilton & Washington Walking Tour, New York City – Secrets of the Past. This Alexander Hamilton tour and George Washington tour is the perfect complement to the musical, Hamilton, by Lin-Manuel Miranda based on the biography Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow. This tour will provide you with even greater insight and understanding of the people, events and situations of the Broadway show. Come join us and you’ll hear amazing stories, see reproductions of paintings and images of events, and see awe-inspiring locations that helped shape what America is today. The Hamilton and Washington walking tour is conducted by Bruce Racond, a licensed New York City tour guide with over 20 years experience.
New York City, the most iconic city in the world, is home to more than 240 years of rich American history. Few stories are more powerful, influential and moving than that of the partnership between founding fathers George Washington and Alexander Hamilton before, during and after the American Revolution.
Experience American history as you never have before, on the streets where it happened, and through the lives of our first commander-in-chief and president, George Washington, and destitute immigrant turned Secretary of the Treasury, Alexander Hamilton–two men who were truly indispensable in guiding and shaping the destiny of the United States.
We invite you to join one of the most unique and exciting walking tours the city has to offer. Together we’ll venture through the streets of New York to recapture unforgettable moments in the story of the United States, such as British colonial times, the Sons of Liberty resistance, the devastating Battle of Brooklyn, Hamilton’s early days as a courageous and valiant new patriot, Washington’s emotional farewell to his troops and triumphant return and inauguration on Wall Street, and the development of Hamilton’s brilliant monetary policies that would forever shape the American economy.
Through fascinating stories along our engaging walk in the Hamilton & Washington Walking Tour NYC, you’ll be drawn into the past as you learn about:
- The earlier North American war that led to the epic Revolutionary War
- The first New York reading of the Declaration of Independence on July 9, 1776, and the mob protest that followed
- George Washington’s daring and miraculous nighttime river escape
- The famous tavern where Washington had a moving farewell gathering
- The lies and deception of Washington, the great “spymaster”
- The moving inauguration of George Washington
- Alexander Hamilton’s prolific 100,000 words in the Federalist Papers that secured ratification of the Constitution
- The resting place of Alexander Hamilton and his wife Eliza
- The splendid 18th-century chapel where Washington attended services
- The letters behind the infamous duel with Vice President Aaron Burr
…and so much more!