Take some of the best walking tours in New York City!
Hamilton & Washington: Secrets of the Past – New York City Walking Tour. This tour is the perfect complement to the musical, Hamilton, by Lin-Manuel Miranda based on the biography Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow. This tour will provide you with even greater insight and understanding of the people, events and situations of the Broadway show. Come join us and you’ll hear amazing stories, see reproductions of paintings and images of events, and experience awe-inspiring and little-known locations and objects that helped shape what America is today.
New York City, the most iconic city in the world, is home to more than 240 years of rich American history. Few stories are more powerful, influential and moving than that of the partnership between founding fathers George Washington and Alexander Hamilton before, during and after the American Revolution.
On this immersive walking tour, experience American history as you never have before, on the streets where it happened, and through the lives of the first commander-in-chief and president, George Washington, and destitute immigrant turned Secretary of the Treasury, Alexander Hamilton. These are two men who were truly indispensable in guiding and shaping the destiny of the United States.
We invite you to join one of the most unique and exciting walking tours the city has to offer. Together we’ll venture through the streets of New York to recapture unforgettable moments in the story of the United States, such as British colonial times, the Sons of Liberty resistance, the devastating Battle of Brooklyn, Hamilton’s early days as a courageous and valiant new patriot, Washington’s emotional farewell to his troops and triumphant return and inauguration on Wall Street, and the development of Hamilton’s brilliant monetary policies that would forever shape the American economy. Please see the current TripAdvisor reviews.
Through fascinating stories along our engaging walk in the Hamilton & Washington Walking Tour NYC, you’ll be drawn into the past as you learn about:
- The earlier North American war that led to the epic Revolutionary War
- The first New York reading of the Declaration of Independence on July 9, 1776, and the mob protest that followed
- George Washington’s daring and miraculous nighttime river escape
- The famous tavern where Washington had a moving farewell gathering
- The lies and deception of Washington, the great “spymaster”
- The moving inauguration of George Washington
- Alexander Hamilton’s prolific 100,000 words in the Federalist Papers that secured ratification of the Constitution
- The resting place of Alexander Hamilton and his wife Eliza
- The splendid 18th-century chapel where Washington attended services
- The letters behind the infamous duel with Vice President Aaron Burr
…and so much more!
Get away from it all and immerse yourself in some of the least-visited, most scenic and historical parts in the Best Central Park Walking Tour in New York City.
“Translate Democratic ideas into trees and dirt” is how Calvert Vaux, the partner of Frederick Olmstead, described the concept of a Central Park in the 1850’s. It is a park for all people. Today, with about 45 million visitors annually, the park continues to fulfill that vision. Set in the center of the largest city in the United States, the majestic 843 acre, man-made, 2.5 mile long park, set in the center of the largest city in the United States continues to astound. As a New Yorker or visitor, you’ve probably seen the well-known places of Central Park such as the Lake and Bethesda Fountain, but this tour, the Secret Places of Central Park will take you to places that will surprise and delight you. The tour is conducted by Bruce Racond, a licensed New York City tour guide with 20 years experience. Please see the current TripAdvisor reviews.
You will be amazed as you…
- Explore the forest of oak hickory, maple and ash trees of the North Woods.
- Visit the Secret Garden of the Conservatory Gardens
- (See an ornate French iron gate that protected Cornelius Vanderbilt II’s mansion
- Hear about the history and see the grounds of a convent built on the site of Central Park
- “Look out” for invaders as you stand high on fortresses from the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812
- Overlook the scenic vistas of the Harlem Meer and Nutter’s Battery
- Tread the same ground that General George Washington rode on to triumphantly retake New York City
- Stroll under an arch made of uncut boulders of Manhattan schist
- Find peace and tranquility along the beautiful Loch and waterfalls of the captivating Ravine
You will be transported to scenery of the Adirondacks, right in the middle of Manhattan island!
You’ll learn the fascinating history of the park and gain an even greater appreciation for what the creators Frederick Law Olmstead, Calvert Vaux and commissioner, Andrew Haswell Green accomplished 160 years ago. You’ll see alternative proposals for the park’s design, and find out what was there before. This tour is a must for lovers of New York City and Central Park.
Discover the best Brooklyn tour and the revolutionary history of Brooklyn in this exciting walking tour!
Discover the revolution that is Brooklyn in this exciting Brooklyn walking tour! Step back in time and experience the Brooklyn Bridge, DUMBO, Brooklyn Bridge Park and Brooklyn Heights. Discover the borough’s revolutionary history and modern reinvention. Take in breathtaking waterfront vistas, extraordinary locales, picturesque parks, and cultural surprises. The Revolutionary Brooklyn Walking Tour is led by a 20-year historian and licensed New York City tour guide.
Our journey begins by crossing the historic Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan. Learn about the 14-year epic saga of the great engineering achievement of the 19th century that connected the “twin cities” of Brooklyn and New York.
We’ll continue in DUMBO where you’ll discover how an antiquated warehouse and factory district was transformed into a prime residential, cultural, and retail/commercial/tech center that businesses like Etsy, Jacques Torres, and West Elm call home. Enjoy a stop at the first store of the most famous chocolate maker in New York, Jacques Torres.
As we progress through the Brooklyn tour you’ll see the stunning Brooklyn Bridge Park, you’ll see awe-inspiring views from below the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge, plus a perfectly restored 1922 carousel revolving within a “crystal” box.
We’ll explore Brooklyn Heights, New York City’s first suburb and historic district, with spectacular views of Manhattan from the Promenade. We’ll stand near where George Washington conducted a maritime retreat that saved American independence during the Revolutionary War and where Robert Fulton ran his steamboat ferries to and from the Brooklyn suburbs. Discover dozens of elegant pre-Civil War homes and hear the stories of famous residents such as Truman Capote, Norman Mailer and Arthur Miller. See a house from the movie “Moonstruck,” and discover the 1847 church visited by Abraham Lincoln and led by the most famous preacher in America.
Experience the cultural and historical phenomenon that is Brooklyn on this walking tour. Reserve your place by joining the “Brooklyn Revolution” tour today!
Here are just a few of the many experiences that await you:
- Discover the cultural significance of Brooklyn, the most populated borough
- Learn the history, design engineering accomplishment that is the Brooklyn Bridge. See historic images and photos.
- Walk through the DUMBO neighborhood and experience the transformation of a factory and warehouse district to offices and homes.
- Take in views of the old converted piers to the 85 acre Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Visit historic locations involving George Washington and the Revolutionary War.
- Visit the historic district that is Brooklyn Heights and the tranquil tree-lined streets of hundreds of 19th Century houses.
- Learn about literary residents such as Truman Capote and Norman Mailer.
- Visit a historic 19th Century church visited by Abraham Lincoln and led by a famous minister.
- See sites of famous movies such as Moonstruck…and a whole lot more!
Experience the cultural and historical phenomenon that is Brooklyn on this walking tour. Reserve your place by joining the “Best of Brooklyn: The Brooklyn Revolution” tour today!
Led by licensed New York City tour guide Bruce Racond, who has spent more than 20 years entertaining and educating visitors on the vast history and showing the unique locations of New York.